4 Reasons to Partner with a Community Organization
There are great benefits to partnering with a community organization and there are many options. When deciding which one to join, consider one that your ideal clients will attend. You can be a part of networking groups, service clubs, charity organizations, research and innovation centres, small business centres, business advisory groups or your local chamber of commerce. Here are four benefits to partnering with a community organization.
Community organizations exist for different reasons. Charities exist to help a specific cause. Service clubs exist to help many causes, networking groups to connect people. The chambers are there to support the business community. Small business centres and research & innovation centres exist to help entrepreneurs achieve their goals.
Throughout the years, I have learned from politicians, successful entrepreneurs, mentors and other community leaders with the help from community organizations. All of these individuals have helped me grow as a community leader. Each different program and speaking engagement contributed to help my business grow or encourage my personal development in a new way.
2. Brand Awareness
You want to be a part of organizations that your ideal clients attend. If they get a chance to know you or your company on a personal level, this is great exposure. Over time that exposure will convert into sales!
Don’t forget that community organizations help with the reputation. With good credibility and a good reputation, it makes it easier to close sales!
These organizations exist to make our communities better. If you take a leadership role within one of these organizations, you can make a difference in this world. Especially if you work your way up to being on a committee with influence.
When you attend meetings or events for an organization, you meet like-minded individuals. Throughout the years we have hired people, found suppliers and mentors. Most importantly, we have met many great clients and referral sources. This is simply from talking with people at various meetings and events.
Here are some resources in Halton that I have been a part of over the years:
- Charities – I have volunteered and supported many during my time in the community. I would suggest finding a cause you truly believe in.
- Service Clubs – I have been a part of the Rotary Club of Oakville West for years. It is a lot of fun making a difference in the Oakville community with this organization.
- Networking Groups – I have created my own networking group, attended BNI’s, CEO, meetup.com and various other events.
- Research and Innovation Centre – Haltech always has great information on technology and business. Great programs to bring your business to the next level.
- Small Business Centres – The Halton Small Business Centre has been a great resource for information and relationships.
- Business Advisory Group – The BAG group in Burlington have been great for mentorship and networking.
- Chamber of Commerce – I have been a part of the Milton and Oakville Chambers of Commerce for years. The chambers are always a great place to start.
If you’d like an introduction to a networking group or another organization listed here, please contact us. We’d be happy to help!